Monday, July 15, 2013

Not Enough Milk For Baking.



We were gathering with husband E's family today; probably 21 children in total and I wanted to take something for afternoon tea... I did not have a lot of milk though.  11 year old daughter found this recipe in her recipe book "Kids' Cookbook".

Chocolate Slice:

250g butter
1 cup caster sugar
3T cocoa
1 egg
2 cups dessicated coconut
2 cups corn flakes, crushed
2 cups plain flour
2t baking powder
1t vanilla essence.

Melt butter, add sugar/cocoa, then egg.  Mix in dry ingredients.  Spread in lamington tin and bake 20min at 180 degrees.

I doubled the recipe and then used 2 cups of SR flour instead (ie less flour, the mix seemed to be just right at that point).  I also added 2 more eggs.

Next time, I won't put the corn flakes in as it had a salty/cereal sort of taste.

No comments: