Monday, July 15, 2013

Amish Friendship Bread.


This book by Darien Gee, has the added interest in being based around Amish Friendship Bread starter and recipes.  I am considering starting this as it could be fun.  I am not sure that it could work for us; as it is not gluten free and I don't think that too much gluten in our diets is a good thing.  I have found a gluten free recipe though.  The other problem is that most of the recipes call for instant pudding to be added to the starter which I don't like either.  Again, there are alternatives about.  So a bit of trial and error no doubt.  This might be my little hobby this term as Winter continues.
I will post recipes/links and methods as I use them.

2 comments:

Cathy said...

I discovered these breads also have a great deal of sugar in them...a sweet bread. We could never keep our demand even close to the supply!

Fiona said...

Am intrigued ... Bread with instant pudding!?
Have fun experimenting!