Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Trying and Learning New Things.



Fiona has blogged about "Stretching".  We are blessed to be able to try new things, access new skills and use our God given gifts in various ways.

For me, I feel as though my research into learning difficulties is opening up many opportunities to learn more myself as I read a variety of books.
Even, baking fruit cake this week... a first really for me.  It was not a complicated recipe though:

Quick Fruit Cake

375g mixed fruit
1 cup orange juice
1 cup SR flour.

Soak the fruit in the orange juice for as long as you can.  Add the flour.  Pour into a lined tin.  I then covered mine with foil.  Bake till cooked.  Sorry I don't know how long it took.  I then glazed this one with a lemon butter bought at the supermarket.  There was nothing very butterish about it, it was more like a marmalade.

This recipe came from our minister's wife at the church where husband E and I had met and were married.

2 comments:

Fiona said...

It is wonderful how much reading and learning you are doing. The fruit cake looks so easy, how does it taste?

Hill upon Hill said...

oh yes it tasted very good!