Friday, May 7, 2010

I Don't do Pretty.


All was going well, I baked my usual gluten free chocolate cake, but I could not do my usual 'line the tin with baking paper' thing. So I greased and dusted with rice flour (gluten free) and ladled out cake mix into each. They baked beautifully and I was looking forward to an afternoon of creativity-making them look lovely for the preschool stall tomorrow. Well two have stuck to the tin and broken. I am too scared to remove the rest. I have put the cakes in the fridge and I am waiting till husband E comes home. I am very disappointed.

5 comments:

Diary From Africa said...

I'm so sorry to hear that this happened after all your hard work. It's happened to me before & is most annoying. I hope that you manage to sort it out - do let us know !

Karen said...

Very frustrating. How did it all work out?

Mrs M. said...

I would have cried. What sort of flour do you generally use in your gluten free cakes? I use the white wings GF flour and I also use it to dust the cake tins. I like the flour as it is not too chalky and the cakes turn out great everytime.

I hope you are able to sort it out.

Warmly, Naomi

Caroline said...

Hope it ended up turning out o.k.
Happy Mothers Day to you!!

Fiona said...

Sometimes I use cocoa to dust a tin for agluten-free chocolate cake. Looks better than flour. But I also use baking paper (plus the cocoa) when possible.