Tuesday, December 2, 2008

On the First Day of December......


I raced into the shops....

As the children need items for the Carols' concert tomorrow night.

We needed a Santa hat of which we have many , but they are still packed away, only to surface on Sunday.

After searching and finding none, I asked if there were any. They were all sold out (all going to the same concert). As I was at the till, the lovely young man ( I can say this I am past 35) had dug in the back and found some. Gratitude, joy and amazement.

I got home and opened the bag, it was a red cape for a cat, lined with white fur, just as a Santa hat would appear to a desperate mother. It does not fit our cat!! I tried.

This does not reduce the kindness of the man at the shop though.

We dug in the box and found one of many. It is in 10 year old son's bag, ready for rehearsals today.

6 year old daughter requires tinsel for her hair. We actually don't have tinsel. At the shop I was so pleased that I had remembered to put some in the trolley.

This morning, I reviewed the note from school and noted that it needed to be green or red, not silver as I had chosen.

Hopefully our kind classroom teacher will take pity on us, enjoy the little cape for her little cat and allow the silver tinsel!!!!


Tonight we have friends over. We will exchange presents and enjoy a light meal as they will be overseas for Christmas. That will be fun.

4 comments:

Linda said...

I try to buy a hat eat year, this year I got three! I still know where they are! I will try to iron the red and green dress that I needed (something red green or white is what dd said, hopefully that was right, I haven't seen a note).

Unknown said...

We had to buy one on Sunday too. As we were racing to get to a parade that my dd's brownie (girl guides)toup was going to be in, she mentioned that she needed one to wear to it! Ugh. Rushing like crazy we managed to get one and get to the parade and the only other person who wore one, was Santa!
I had to laugh at the cat santa hat. I can't imagine a cat wearing a hat for very long! :)
Have fun tonight!

Fiona said...

What did teachers do before $2.00 shops were invented for us mums to buy multiple santa hats, reindeer antlers and Christmas t-shirts? I guess they just (shock horror) did without!

Cathy said...

Oh Jacqui....you depicted a frequent scenario of mothers so well. I especially love the thought of you trying to put a Santa hat on Noddy! And the wrong colored tinsel....been there.