Friday, October 31, 2008

Spinach and Feta Pide.


I attempted to make a spinach and feta pide today after enjoying one last night whilst doing the grocery shopping. It was tasty, but next time I will use a Turkish bread dough, not a pizza dough.


First I washed the baby spinach leaves. Then I par cooked them. I squeezed the excess liquid out and then spread some on the dough, already rolled out. I crumbled feta on top, then some mozarella cheese. I also sliced mushrooms and added them. I made a package with the dough and baked it in the oven.
Serving it with cottage cheese and lemon was delicious.

5 comments:

Linda said...

My husband has been talking about pide.

I have an award for you at my blog.

Cathy said...

Hello Jacqui, I am taking a moment to catch up with you. I'll write more later. Your pie looks tasty and I can see possibilities for all kinds of ingredients.I liked hearing about your bookclub too!

kari and kijsa said...

Have a safe and happy Halloween!
smiles,
kari & kijsa

Tania said...

This recipes sounds really nice. I may give it a try one day, I am always looking for new recipes to make.

I have an award for you over at my blog if you would like to collect.

Have a great weekend.

Tania

Redwoodhouse said...

This pie sounds yummy you cook a lot more than I do, I will give this a try it sounds and looks very tasty.
Jan