Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Sushi Success.



Tonight I made sushi for the first time. Delicious. In future I will need to remember not to add too much mayonnaise as it became too moist. The nicest combination was tuna/mayo/smoked salmon and cucumber. So good. We have so much, that I have left overs for lunch tomorrow.


I also made an olive pesto and parmesan loaf of bread (as I did not think that the sushi would fill us up!)


6 year old daughter was eager to make lemonade as her teacher had done for last week's "Back to the Past" day. It was delicious.


Lemonade


Rinse 3 lemons and remove skin/rind. Cut and place in a heat proof container. Sprinkle over 175g caster sugar.
Add 1 cup of hot, boiling water. Stir.
Let it sit till cooled, then pour into a jug through a sieve.
This is now the cordial, so pour a little into a glass and add cooled water to taste. Perhaps a sprig of mint?

3 comments:

Linda said...

That is fantastic about the sushi.

I was surprised how much I liked them too. We found a nori roll recipe in the Family Circle a few years ago.

Connie T. said...

I made it a couple of months ago. It was really good.

Nikki @ Saving For A Rainy Day said...

Awesome job!!! I think Sushi is pretty much my favorite food now!