Monday, September 22, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook.

Here is my picture thought; my father in law's Wisteria. It smelt heavenly today.






Outside my window is a strong wind.


I am thinking that we could all do with a holiday, luckily only one more week to go.


I am thankful for a cool breeze this evening and a lovely husband who does so much.


From the kitchen is uncertainty as I am in a muddle as to meals this week and baking required for the holidays. Hopefully milk tart and rusks.....


I am going (went) to a fundraising meeting at school tonight and bookclub on Wednesday night.


I am wearing a new cotton shirt with big blotches on it. Also light blue, lightweight pants.


I am reading paperwork on the bench; still.


I am hearing the water that husband E is putting into the kettle for my cup of tea.


I am hoping to get all things done on my list in preparation for the holidays.


Around the house are flowers in vases.


One of my favourite things is making a white sauce; watching it thicken.


A few plans for the rest of the week include gathering donations for our school's fundraising.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, that Wisteria is absolutely beautiful! Enjoyed your daybook...blessings!

Brandi

flmom said...

This is a gorgeous photo! We purchased some land in Georgia in the spring of 2007. Nearby properties had so much lovely wisteria - it was one of my favorite things to see.

John and Lisa said...

I, too, am amazed at the wisteria! I had no idea it would grow like that, I've only seen a smaller vining plant. So beautiful! You stopped by my "Simple Woman's DayBook" post today, so I came to see you and I think we may be kindred spirits of sorts. I appreciate many of the same things you do, although I'm not sure I could ever be as prolific a writer as you seem to be. Astounding the number of posts you've created in such a short time! Very beautiful blog, and sweet glimpses into your life. Thank you for sharing.