Monday, September 8, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook.


Outside the window is "the sun drying up all the rain..."

I am thinking of my friend whom I'll miss when she returns to America in the next few days.

I am thankful for a simple, lovely Sunday with my family.

From the kitchen today is macaroni and cheese. Later in the week will be baking for the school's cake stall.

I am going to E's Dad's house today to see my sisters in law and their children and E's aunt.

I am wearing brown linen pants, a striped shirt and one of my new jumpers (sweater).

I am reading "The Ministry of Motherhood."

I am hoping to get started on sorting through paperwork and Spring cleaning bedrooms.

I am hearing the bubbling of pasta on the stove.

Around the house are clean floors. Nice.

One of my favourite things is rainfall at night.

A few plans for the rest of the week include a movie tonight with mums from school ("The Bucket List"- showing free at the local R.S.L.)and a trip to the Southern Highlands on the weekend.


Here is a picture thought: Scribbly Gum bark from our time in the bush on Sunday.


13 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree about the clean floors...sounds silly, but the whole house feels clean when the the floors have been done!

Enjoyed your daybook!

Blessings,
Brandi

Sweet Woodruff said...

Your picture is very interesting. What is it? Scribbly gum bark? I've never heard of it. Sounds like a homeschool research project. :)

Fiona said...

I wonder if this is the identical tree:
http://womanofnotes.blogspot.com/2008/05/hard-lesson-out-of-school.html
???

Sandra said...

That is an interesting picture, how neat :)

My Daybook

Anonymous said...

What a neat picture! Sribbly Gum Bark???? Sounds interesting!

Mary Rose said...

Why does "scribbly gum bark" sound like food to me? Ha!

Nice Daybook. I love clean floors, too!

flmom said...

Very neat photo! I am ashamed to admit that I didn't know what a jumper was. I have read it many times on Australian blogs, but have never taken the time to learn exactly what it meant - thanks for the explanation today!

Linda said...

I am a Victorian and often wonder where the Southern Highlands is, I may be in it and not know lol.

threesidesofcrazy said...

You through me for a minute with spring cleaning - I completely forgot about the reversal of seasons.LOL. Have a great week.

Hill upon Hill said...

Scribbly Gum Bark is when termites eat just under the surface of the bark and leave scribbles. Fascinating to see, beautiful I think.

Anonymous said...

I too love the sound of rain on the roof, especially when I know that I don't have to go out into it and the roof is secure. It is so very relaxing.

Elaine

GingerLouise Clothing said...

Nice post--the rain on the roof--gives a nice wArm cozy feeling, one of my favorite things

Melba said...

I love your list, and your eloquent appreciations of the day-to-day life all around you. Great photo too!

Melba