Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Quiet Moment.

When I went walking
What did I see?

Not one bush turkey, but two
Gobble, gobble, gobble, gobble.
An elderly couple sitting at their outside table
finishing lunch, cups of tea and oranges.
A lady sitting on her front step, drinking her tea
A territorial Magpie swooping down on me.

A good friend, with time and an ear for me,
another new friend with another offer of a cup of tea.....

On my return just one bush turkey
And many work shirts hanging from a tree.

3 comments:

homespun living said...

Sounds like a wonderful walk.
Thanks for stopping by to comment. I'm glad you like the chocolate glaze recipe.
Deb

Anonymous said...

I just thought I'd let you know that I've been reading here every day and have been thoroughly enjoying your lovely blog. This post and all of them!

Susan

Cathy said...

I love your beautiful way of including all you encountered along your walk this particular day. Priceless things indeed!