Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The Night Falls....



At 10am today, all looked lost: two dressed, two still in pyjamas, no breakfast yet for me...one successfully on the school bus. But now, 8pm I have done all that I had hoped to today: baked two cakes, cleaned the kitchen surfaces and floor, folded laundry from yesterday, prepared dinner (macaroni and cheese with salad), helped two children with homework, made some phone calls, played hand ball with 9 year old son and had a few cuddles along the way. Husband E and I even had a quiet chat together at 5pm!!! A day where I was sustained....

Tomorrow I will start working towards the "Conquer the Clutter Challenge" that I have just learnt about. I have the garage in mind....

1 comment:

Cathy said...

I so appreciate you mentioning me on your blog...you are so kind.It is hitting me how you are definitely in a different time zone that I am, but it is still today here so I hope you will not think I broke my promise of providing the recipe in a timely manner! Here goes....
WHITE CAKE
1/3 cup shortening
2 egg whites
2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups flour
1 3/4 cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon almond flavoring
Grease and flour sheet pan.In mixer, beat first three ingredients. Add baking soda, salt, flour, buttermilk and flavorings.Beat on medium speed for about 2 minutes.
Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees for about 25-30 minutes.

ICING
1 1/2(8 oz.)packages of cream cheese
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 16 oz. box powdered sugar
Beat cream cheese and butter until ceamy. Add lemon juice, then gradually add powdered sugar on low speed. This icing works well for this cake and you may frost each piece individually if desired.
This cake is guaranteed to make any sweet tooth extremely happy.